[Libav-user] av_buffersink_get_frame incompatible with sws_scale

straycodemonkey straycodemonkey at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 09:36:54 CEST 2016

I'm using av_buffersink_get_frame to perform deinterlacing of video frames
using the yadif filter. I then pass the resulting filtered onto a further
process to composite various elements together to create a final frame.
During this process sws_scale is used to resize / convert the filtered
frame, but in this case the sws_scale function is complaining about a bad
src pointer because the data in the deinterlaced, filtered frame is not 16
byte aligned.

I guess my question is, is this problem avoidable in any way? And if not, is
it a known problem that may be addressed in the future?

I'm using ffmpeg 3.1.1 taken from 11th July, 2016.