[Libav-user] Where and how to add a custom hardware decoder in libavcodec ?

ssshukla26 ssshukla26 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 07:13:00 CEST 2016

Hi,

I am new to ffmpeg, am working on a *custom board* which has its own
hardware decoder.

I have a linux application for hardware decoder which take a h264 file as
input and provides a yuv file as output. It working fine, now we are
extending this support to *gstreamer* and *ffmpeg* libraries. I am familiar
with gstreamer but new to ffmpeg.

I just need some quick suggestions on where to add a new decoder and an
example (in ffmpeg source) on how to do that !

Please guyz help me.