[Libav-user] ffmpeg master, versions and new APIs

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Jun 7 16:05:58 CEST 2016

Gonzalo <ggarra13 at ...> writes:

> Should I stick with the latest master or settle on a
> release/3.0 version for example?

I am not sure if I understand:
Is anything not working with current FFmpeg git head that used
to work with FFmpeg 3.0?
If yes, this would be an important regression, and I believe
it would be unknown, please report it.
(You may want to report it quickly, a new release is currently
planned.)

> Also, how will zeranoe proceed?

I sincerely hope (for the best of all users) that Zeranoe will
continue to only actively support current FFmpeg git head but
I believe nobody here can speak for Zeranoe.

Carl Eugen