[Libav-user] API changes v2.8.x ==> 3.0.x

salsaman salsaman at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 20:38:39 CEST 2016

On Sat, Jun 18, 2016 at 1:33 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Axel Holzinger <aholzinger at ...> writes:
>
> > As it's not there this might mean everybody is going that
> > rocky road and doing it on his own or perhaps not many
> > projects did yet port to the new version?
>
> I believe "all" open source projects were already ported to 3.0
> (very few or none to current FFmpeg), at least all projects
> that are in Debian.
> (vlc in Debian uses old FFmpeg, current vlc uses current / 3.0
> FFmpeg api.)
>
> Carl Eugen
>
> _________

Carl, I wonder what leads you to believe that all projects have been
updated ? A bug related to libav version 3.0 was reported in LiVES just 3
days ago:

-> https://sourceforge.net/p/lives/bugs/218/

So quite clearly not all projects have been updated yet.

Regards,
Gabriel.

http://lives-video.com
https://www.openhub.net/accounts/salsaman