[Libav-user] FFmpeg libraries - O/Ref.: 201640019

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri May 6 19:55:06 CEST 2016

Patricia Falcao <PFalcao at ...> writes:

> I have a client who intends to use the FFmpeg libraries and
> would like to know how is the license agreement to use this
> software.

FFmpeg is only distributed under the terms of the LGPL version
2.1 or later or the GPL version 2 or later, at your choice.

Some optional features reduce the choice you have, see the
fine documentation for more information.

> This message contains confidential information

Please understand that this footer makes no sense when you
send an email to a public mailing list.

Carl Eugen