[Libav-user] Error when trying to use FFMPEG to get an H.264/AVC stream encapsulated in MPEG2 TS.

Carla Pagliari carla.pagliari at gmail.com
Wed May 18 18:28:35 CEST 2016

Dear experts,

I tried to encapsulate an H.264/AVC stream in MPEG-2 TS using the following
commands:

1. ffmpeg -i video.264 -vcodec copy -f mpegts video.ts

Error message:
[mpegts @ 0x14f0260] first pts value must be set
av_interleaved_write_frame(): Invalid data found when processing input

2. After the first failure, I found old posts suggesting to the following
command:

ffmpeg -fflags +genpts -i video.264 -vcodec copy -f mpegts video.ts

Unfortunately, the error persisted.

[mpegts @ 0x1510340] first pts value must be set
av_interleaved_write_frame(): Invalid data found when processing input

The question is: is it possible to use ffmpeg to encasulate an H.264/AVC
stream over MPEG-2 TS?

Thanks in advance

Carlan