[Libav-user] Finding AVCodecContext data from sps and pps packets

Sampsa Riikonen sampsa.riikonen at iki.fi
Mon May 30 11:23:41 CEST 2016

On 30.05.2016 11:49, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Sampsa Riikonen <sampsa.riikonen at ...> writes:
>
>> I do not want to decode anything, just to get the codec
>> parameters from sps and pps.
> What other word than "decoding" would you use to get the
> codec parameters from sps and pps?

Sorry I was not clear enough..

I pass sps and pps packets to the decoder => the AVFormatContext that is
handled by the decoder is empty

Only when I pass the following IFrame, the AVFormatContext is being
populated

(i.e. i need sps,pps & iframe, instead of just sps and pps)

I was wondering if there is a way to avoid that I frame decoding.