[Libav-user] how encode opencv mat into webm via ffmpeg api.

Chao Liu yijinliu at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 06:12:59 EET 2016

On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 5:47 PM, PanZhoujin <
panzhoujin at tsari.tsinghua.edu.cn> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to encode the file read by opencv VideoCapture into webm.
> After searching the official document of ffmpeg, github, and
> stackoverflow, I am still far away from my target.
>
> Can somebody tell me, how to use libvpx, ffmpeg to connect with opencv?

You'll need to first convert cv::Mat to AVFrame, some code like
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35907094/converting-cvmat-image-from-bgr-to-yuv-using-ffmpeg
Then encode the frames using codec libvpx and mux using format webm (take a
look at https://www.ffmpeg.org/doxygen/3.2/muxing_8c-example.html which is
kind of old though.)