[Libav-user] how can i use cisco openh264 encoder in ffmpeg

widman nabble.com at cardiothink.com
Sun Nov 27 12:55:36 EET 2016

This is indeed a frustrating problem. Under Xubuntu 14.04, I found that
pkg-config could respond correctly to the --libs argument but still would
not work properly while trying to compile ffmpeg with openh264. It failed
with the error you received.

The solution was simply to run the configuration as root. After that
completed successfully, I just changed the ownership of the ffmpeg source
tree back to myself, and was able to compile ffmpeg with libopenh264 without
any other problems.

Good luck!