[Libav-user] Can not link ffmpeg without pkg-config

Javier Lopez jlopez2022 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 13:19:03 EEST 2016

I found libx264.a and .so  at the /usr/local/lib
also I found x264.h at the /usr/local/include.

I think that the problem is with the cpp command I should recommend to use
some flag to make things in two steps:

In a first step it collects all the declarations and in a second step all
the definitions so order do not mind. Of course library function names
must be different
It would be a good point to collect also all dependencies before all
I should save all libraries in separated directories hanged from /usr/local
with the same structure (lib,include,others), so if I would like to remove
a library I should delete the directory.

It would be an issue not be needed using stupid environment variables
Also to use the same name for directory than the main lib and .h