[Libav-user] "Segmentation fault" When encoding H264 video frame

Peter Steinbach steinbach at scionics.de
Wed Sep 14 11:04:28 EEST 2016

> In GDB, I get:

> 0x00007ffff705f210 in avcodec_encode_video2 () from /usr/lib64/libavcodec.so.56

if your distro doesn't offer ffmpeg with debug symbols, I suggest
building ffmpeg with debug symbols enabled. then link your code with it.
If you then run your app in gdb, the backtrace (type in 'bt' and hit
enter after the SIGSEGV is emitted) and may contain the line of code in
ffmpeg that yielded the segfault. with this, you might be able to find
the root cause of this problem.

out of curiosity: what distro do you use, that has problems with
valgrind?! I never heard something along those lines.

Best,
Peter