[Libav-user] how to convert mkv into mp4 with hevc video

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Fri Apr 21 20:44:29 EEST 2017

On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 18:03:35 +0800 (CST)
qw <applemax82 at 163.com> wrote:

> I use ffmpeg command to convert mkv into mp4 with hevc video:
>
> ffmpeg -i input_file.mkv -codec copy -flags global_header -movflags +faststart -strict -3 -f mp4 output_file.mp4
>
> ffmpeg version 2.8.6 Copyright (c) 2000-2016 the FFmpeg developers
>
> how to convert mkv into mp4 with hevc video?

Wrong mailing list. libav-user is questions involving the FFmpeg libav*
libraries. Questions about using the FFmpeg cli tools (ffmpeg, ffplay,
ffprobe, ffserver) should be asked at ffmpeg-user.

Also, 2.8.6 is old and unsupported. Try using a build from the current
git master branch. See the FFmpeg download page for links to
pre-compiled binaries as an easy method to get a new ffmpeg.

http://ffmpeg.org/download.html