[Libav-user] GIF encoder transparency support

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 18:58:08 EEST 2017

> I'm currently looking at the GIF specs and everything seems
> good with the encoder...

The encoder supports gif transparency fine (afaik), just test with
a pal8 file (for example png) that shows transparency as input.
(Or another gif)

As I tried (hard) to explain in the ticket, this is an issue with the
paletteuse filter: The palettegen filter produces a transparent
colour but the paletteuse filter overwrites (?) the palette afaict.

Sorry for the delay, I thought I could produce a poc to show
what has to be done but failed miserably;-)

Please do not top-post here, Carl Eugen