[Libav-user] mp3 encoder audio quality

Lina Sharifi sharifi91 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 18:57:41 EET 2017

Hi all,
I am trying to build an mp3 encoder( ffmpeg integrated with lame) in C++.
For some reason I am not receiving good quality output. Here are the output
samples:

FFMPEG result:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9DbYNPuSyiRYTFzRmliNWxLcnM/
view?usp=sharing
Reference Sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/
0B9DbYNPuSyiRMnlYYUtlTjEzNFU/view?usp=sharing

I am using avcodec_encode_audio2 API as shown in the enoding-decoding
example.
Also wanted to add, I see some delays in the encoder as when I am doing ret
= avcodec_encode_audio2(m_pCodecCtxOut, &Encodedpkt, pInputFrame,
&got_output); I dont get any output but after flushing with NULL I get some
output for 2-3 loops.

Any suggestion or idea is appreciated.

Thanks,
Lina