[Libav-user] Fwd: fixed vs floating point mp3 encoder

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 21:38:30 EET 2017

> I am using ffmpeg integrated with libmp3lame for encoding
> (AV_CODEC_ID_MP3), Is there an option for to enable
> fixed point (integer) encoder? Probably a codec flag?

There is one encoder that takes different sample_fmts.
You have to choose one when initializing the encoder,
make sure that the encoder really accepts it and feed
the correct data.
(s16p, s32p and floatp are supported)

Not necessarily related: We do not guarantee that future
versions of FFmpeg take the same sample_fmts than
current FFmpeg, they have changed in the past (without
version bump)!
(That's why your code has to check the fmt.)

Carl Eugen