[Libav-user] Parsing RTP packets to decode the payload

Denis Gordenin pointbox at mail.ru
Thu Feb 9 19:39:20 EET 2017

Hello.
I want to decode video info that coming decoding with a codec. No matters which codec is. The problem is parsing the RTP packets that contain the video. My application connects to a camera using RTSP and gets a RTP stream. I know that ffmpeg can do that, but such architecture was choosen. The question is: how can I parse the RTP packets using ffmpeg? I googled a lot, I found some posts here (5 years old), I studied the interface of ffmpeg, but I didn't find an answer or a example.
Parsing the RTP packets is a hard work. I wouldn't use other libraries and I hope ffmpeg can do that things.