[Libav-user] Setting bitrate inside DASH manifest when encoding to H.264 with constant quality

Przemysław Sobala przemyslaw.sobala at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 11:07:39 EET 2017

Hello

I'm wondering, if there's a way to set representation's bandwidth
(bitrate) parameter when encoding with libx264 with constant quality
(crf)? In my code I'm calculating stream's bitrate by adding muxed
packet sizes but in the end I cannot pass it to the DASH muxer.

I thought the best way would be to set the final bitrate before calling
av_write_trailer function (because internally it calls
dash_write_trailer->dash_flush->write_manifest) but DASHContext
structure is initialized earlier (with dash_init function) with default
bitrates set and also it's not available via the API - I can access it
by AVFormatContext->priv_data but it's type is uknown - void* - and
casting is unavailable since this struct if for internal use only.

--
Best regards
Przemysław Sobala