[Libav-user] FFmpeg version 3.1's avcodec_decode_video2 is slower than 3.0.5.

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 11:26:34 EET 2017

> No, I didn’t tested it with MacOS.

Please do and report back.
Remember to test current FFmpeg git head (not a release),
releases are not supported on macos (and Windows).

[...]

> Only thing what I need to know is that what make this
> avcodec_decode_video2 get slowdown for 3.1 not 3.0.5.

To answer this question, the only thing I need is information
if (and how) to reproduce on macos (or the info that this is
ios-only).

> May testing it with ffmpeg -i output be meaningful for this case?

Yes;-)
You have to understand that developers generally cannot guess
what you tested (our crystal balls are not good enough), so by
telling them you give them a chance to reproduce the issue you see.

Carl Eugen