[Libav-user] FFmpeg version 3.1's avcodec_decode_video2 is slower than 3.0.5.

Hwangho Kim loveall0926 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 02:33:29 EET 2017

> 2017. 1. 2. 오후 6:04, Hwangho Kim <loveall0926 at gmail.com> 작성:
>

>> 2017. 1. 2. 오후 5:42, Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com <mailto:ceffmpeg at gmail.com>> 작성:

>>> I’ll test it with MacOS but the project what I used the ffmpeg is on iOS
>>> video player project so
>>
>>> if I run it in Mac OS it should work fine.
>>
>> Do you mean the regression you see is only reproducible on ios,
>> not on macos?
>>
>> Carl Eugen
>
> No, I didn’t tested it with MacOS.
>
> In my iOS, I’m using this ffmpeg to get the video frame and decoding from UDP and for this
> I use avcodec_decode_video2 well under 3.0.5.
>
> Only thing what I need to know is that what make this avcodec_decode_video2 get slowdown
> for 3.1 not 3.0.5.
>
> May testing it with ffmpeg -i output be meaningful for this case? In this case we couldn’t check
> the delay correctly for avcodec_decode_video2 or avcodec_send_packet.
>
> Thanks.

I’ve been tried to find a way for producing this problem in macOS.
But I’m not good to macOS programming so I couldn’t make a test program for this. But I guess
this will happen in macOS too.

If someone try to check how long avcodec_decode_video2 takes time between 3.0.5 and 3.1 then will
see the same result.

As I said avcodec_decode_video2 takes long time in 3.1 then 3.0.5 for 1920x1280 video.

It would be appreciated if someone test this…

Thanks.