[Libav-user] FFmpeg version 3.1's avcodec_decode_video2 is slower than 3.0.5.

Hwangho Kim loveall0926 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 10:48:29 EET 2017

> 2017. 1. 9. 오후 5:42, Hwangho Kim <loveall0926 at gmail.com> 작성:
>
> I did git bisect and I was at
>
> Bisecting: 2 revisions left to test after this
>
> which was almost there.
>

> But I couldn’t reach the final point because some functions and variables were changed from this suggested commit
>
> commit 0705f5960c9d272cef1309c090000865b991c9c7
> Author: Anton Khirnov <anton at khirnov.net <mailto:anton at khirnov.net>>
> Date:   Tue Feb 9 12:36:13 2016 +0100
>
>     avplay: do not use AVStream.codec for decoding
>
>     AVStream.codec is now deprecated. Allocate a separate codec context
>     instead.
>

> for example  av_get_default_channel_layout and  av_frame_get_pkt_duration.
>

> But as you see there were only 2 revisions and this might be the one or very close for that makes this happen.
>
> Would it be helpful?
>
> Thanks.

I fixed my email.

I did git bisect and I was at

Bisecting: 2 revisions left to test after this

which was almost there checking bad or good for the video.

But I couldn’t reach the final point because some functions and variables were changed or disappeared from this suggested commit
for example  av_get_default_channel_layout and  av_frame_get_pkt_duration.

commit 0705f5960c9d272cef1309c090000865b991c9c7
    avplay: do not use AVStream.codec for decoding

    AVStream.codec is now deprecated. Allocate a separate codec context
    instead.

But as you can see there were only 2 revisions remained and I guess this might be the one or very close commit for that making this happen.

Would it be helpful?

Thanks.