[Libav-user] formats that support variable frame rate

YIRAN LI mrfun.china at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 06:54:04 EET 2017

> > What I know about muxers is:
> >
> > MP4,MOV - yes
>
> Just to make sure:
> libavformat does not support vfr in mov (but avi works fine)
>
> ​Hi Carl,

This is the mov file I generated with ffmpeg-2.2.1 which is a quite old
version. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/89678527/30.mov

The frames I send to av_write_frame is in total 1 min long. 30 fps in first
1/3 min, 30*3/4 fps in 2nd 1/3 min, 30 * 1/2 fps in 3rd 1/3 min.

While you say libavformat doesn't support vfr in mov, that file plays quite
well. Could you have a look at the file to see if there's any problem?

Thanks

Please remember to not top-post here, it is considered rude.