[Libav-user] Problems with H.264 encoding for MP4 files on macOS

Gabriele Greco gabriele.greco at wyscout.com
Mon Jan 30 12:58:52 EET 2017

> > However, having done that, libAVCodec appears to be failing when it calls
> > through to the OSX VideoToolbox.framework.
> >
> > [h264_videotoolbox @ 0x106806800]
>
> This (not the error message) indicates that libavcodec was compiled without
> support for libx264, recompile with --enable-libx264 (after installing
> libx264)

I had problem too with videotoolbox encoder, and I didn't figure how to
make it work, so I built a version of ffmpeg without videotoolbox and with
libx264, to be sure libx264 was used as default encoder for h264.

Here is my configuration options if interested:

export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.8
 ./configure --disable-videotoolbox --disable-audiotoolbox --enable-libx264
--enable-libfdk-aac --enable-nonfree --enable-gpl
--sysroot=/Users/gabry/MacOSX10.8.sdk/

... this removes also a lot of OSX frameworks dependencies (you have to
configure/compile/install libfdk-aac and libx264 before compiling ffmpeg)

--
*Gabriele Greco*