[Libav-user] Are there some VDPAU decode and present tutorials using FFMPEG?

Mark Thompson sw at jkqxz.net
Mon Jul 31 14:39:06 EEST 2017

There is a hardware decode example which works for VDPAU: <http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=blob;f=doc/examples/hw_decode.c>.

> Are there some VDPAU decode and present tutorials using FFMPEG?

That example downloads the output frames from the GPU and writes them to a file.  Presentation on the screen isn't really in the scope of ffmpeg - you could look at the source code for one the media players (e.g. mpv or vlc) for that.

- Mark