[Libav-user] User-specified execute/execute2 function in mpeg2 video encoder

Gavin Smith gcs584 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 1 17:25:14 EEST 2017

I'm attempting to set the mpeg2video encoder to use the threads within my existing thread pool.  I'm encoding SD interlaced PAL content, but I cannot seem to get the encoder to callback into my user-defined execute function(s). To keep things simple, I have tried testing the callbacks with GDB before attempting to post the work to my thread pool.
I have attached a link to a code snippet to provide some insight on how the encoder is being configured.
https://pastebin.com/qLZ6ZYMy
Note: In the code snippet provided, the code detects that threads may be used in conjunction with slices.

Admittedly, there are a few fields which are linked, yet they do add for some confusion.  The trunk docs are a bit sparse on the first two (2) fields.  I may try update the docs if I can retrieve some additional information.  * AVCodecContext::thread_type
 * AVCodecContext::active_thread_type
 * AVCodec::capabilities

Any tips/suggestions would be much appreciated...

Gavin.