[Libav-user] LGPL license and iOS

Deepa Pai deepa.pai at globaldelight.com
Tue Jun 20 16:03:00 EEST 2017

Hello,

I need to use ffmpeg for one of my iOS project. I will not be using GPL part and make sure that ffmpeg version is LGPL.
Since iOS environment is not compatible with LGPL, I would like to get commercial license.

FFmpeg Legal team mentions that "FFmpeg is not available under any other licensing terms, especially not proprietary/commercial ones, not even in exchange for payment."
Ref: https://ffmpeg.org/legal.html <https://ffmpeg.org/legal.html>

Is it valid to use ffmpeg libraries if I reach out the original authors of the code and ask them to grant me commercial license?

Thanks and Regards,
Deepa