[Libav-user] Playlist of Videos output to UDP

Matthew Truebe mtruebe at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 09:29:49 EET 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to take a revolving playlist of videos and output them into a
single UDP stream. is this possible?

First I'm ensuring that all videos are of the same audio and video codec to
start. They are h264 and AAC with mp4 container.

I am loading the video into a "input" format codeccontext finding the codec
then creating an output codeccontext in udp. All the frames get read and
turned into packets. The packet timestamps and position is analyzed and the
timestamps are changed based then written using an interleaved frame to the
output codec context. This process continues in a loop.

Everything works fine in VLC (as everything always seems to be fine) but
when connecting the udp stream to Wowza or some other segmenter / packet
analyzer, the packet time codes are restarting to zero anytime I am
switching between videos.

How can I change the outgoing timecodes to create a contiguous video stream
when muxing multiple videos?

Is this even possible? Is there a better way to go about this?

Thanks,
Matt