[Libav-user] Problems when seeking in some mp3 files

Max Vlasov max.vlasov at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 15:35:45 EET 2017

Hi,

I'm having an issue with an older version of the libav library

I'm playing an mp3 recorded and written with the same library. Some of the
files are being played correctly, but some have a problem. I usually seek
with avformat_seek_file to the end of the file using big values for length
determination (the technique working for majority of my media files), but
the last several packets for this problem files have large pts and dts
values corresponding to a x10-x20 increase in length when compared to
actual length of the file (for example, 2945040824 instead of 80732160).
But when I reach these packets sequentially from the start (I identify the
corresponding packets by looking at the pos values), they have reasonable
dts and pts values.

So what might be a problem? And unfortunately I can not upgrade to a latest
version of the library since this one has an interface to Delphi/Pascal
that should be translated/corrected manually for every new version since
the data/field location are constantly changing. So if there was a bug in
the past, I am probably looking for a workaround, not a bug fix.

Thanks in advance

Max