[Libav-user] FLV support for HEVC

Milan Poon tsdmilan at yahoo.com.hk
Wed Mar 22 11:10:02 EET 2017

We are currently using a Simple RTMP Server (SRS) to stream H.264 video to clients with ffmpeg / ffplay. To conserve even more bandwidth, we are considering to switch to HEVC but we know officially RTMP does not support it. Therefore we are considering to modify the source code. For SRS, we know where to make the modification to force FLV to accept HEVC. For decoding on the client side, where should we modify in order for the HEVC streams to be corrected extracted from the FLV container and forwarded to the HEVC decoder?