[Libav-user] From buffer encoding

David Yuan davyuan2000 at hotmail.com
Mon May 8 16:36:14 EEST 2017

Based on this a little dated announcement on Qualcomm, https://www.qualcomm.com/news/releases/2015/08/12/qualcomm-introduces-next-generation-gpu-architecture-and-image-signal, it supports 60FPS HEVC decoding, but no where it mentions about its capability to encode in HEVC.

Qualcomm Introduces Next-Generation GPU Architecture and ...<https://www.qualcomm.com/news/releases/2015/08/12/qualcomm-introduces-next-generation-gpu-architecture-and-image-signal>
www.qualcomm.com
Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ: QCOM) today announced that its subsidiary, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. (QTI), has introduced its next-generation visual processing ...

I think your question could be better answered at Qualcomm's developer's forum. And if the answer is yes the Adreno 530 GPU does support HW encoding for HEVC, the next stop is here to ask the ffmpeg developers whether that is integrated into ffmpeg.

Please let me know if you find out the answer, as I'm interested in knowing too.

thanks!
David