[Libav-user] How to select VP8 explicitly in FFMpeg libavformat library instead of vp9 programatically

ravikiran.bs ravikiran.bs at zohocorp.com
Thu Nov 2 14:53:27 EET 2017

Hello,

I am using FFMpeg libavformat library in my application. My objective is to generate a webm file from video and audio RTP streams that I receive on my server from the client. In the process of initializing the library, when I allocate AVFormatContext using  avformat_alloc_output_context2() function, by passing the filename as "test.webm", the default video codec selected is VP9.

But, I want to select VP8 as I will get only a VP8 encoded video stream. How can I specify to the library explicitly, to select VP8 as video codec while allocating AVFormatContext ?

Any help is appreciated. I am kind of stuck here. It will also be helpful if there is any documentation or material which I can refer while using FFMpeg.
Thanks in advance.

P.S. I am following the FFMpeg doxygen documentation right now.

Regards,

Ravi Kiran B S

Zoho Corporation