[Libav-user] SPS PPS header

Michael IV explomaster at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 13:10:22 EET 2017

Hi. I am not sure about the following setup.
I create elementary  h264 bitstream using h264 encoder. I append SPS PPS
nals to the start of the stream because I stream this raw bitstream to some
presentation endpoint. But now I also have a use case where I wrap that
stream into mp4 container. Should I still append the SPS PPS header both
into the container header and into the raw bitstream itself?
I am asking it because some tool which I used to analize the integrity of
produced mp4  show parsing errors in the areas of the header and adjacent
packets.