[Libav-user] Find out RTSP/H264 stream framerate or PTS

Andy Shaules bowljoman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 22:08:04 EEST 2017

On Sep 22, 2017 11:40 AM, "Sergio Basurco" <sergio.b at coherentsynchro.com>
wrote:

Hi,

Please correct me if I'm wrong: In order to display a decoded stream, I
need either the exact framerate, or the PTS for the decoded frames.

I'm only using avcodec, and my own RTSP client and H264 parser. What are
the values that need to be set for me to find either framerate or PTS?

I think framerate may not be provided, as it's not forced by the H264
standard. But the PTS should be available. How can I make sure the decoder
sets these?
--

Saludos / Best regards,

*Sergio Basurco*
Coherent Synchro

hello, divide the rtp timestamp by 90000.0 as a double to get seconds value
stream time. use rtcp sender reports to align stream time to wall clock, or
just use the initial timestamp as a zero point.