[Libav-user] avcodec_copy_context deprecation

Michael IV explomaster at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 17:10:41 EEST 2017

Many of those  related to codec context are not part of codec params
structure.  Also, as I said ,if the purpose of this new function to copy
properties from one codec context to another, then there is a flaw here,
because a codec context doesn't have AVCodecParameters prop. To me it looks
like uncompleted refactoring of the api.

On Sep 28, 2017 5:03 PM, "Power Pan" <powerpan at gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 7:30 PM, Michael IV <explomaster at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
> I am getting compiler warning for avcodec_parameters_copy being deprecated.
>
> But I also can't figure out how to use avcodec_parameters_copy when I have
> AVStream as destination and  AVCodecContext as src .AVCodecContext doesn't
> have  AVCodecParamters property.

check the codes in related h file, and in the include h file will tell you
what to do.