[Libav-user] Decoder detects wrong framerate

Vasiliy Volkov volk.vasiliy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 10:48:30 EEST 2018

пн, 20 авг. 2018 г. в 18:38, Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com>:

> No, I tested the sample you provided with current FFmpeg and it
> shows the correct frame-rate in the console output, no matter the
> number of threads, so I assume the issue is not in the decoder.

So I use same code as FFmpeg, and other examples. It's the basic methods,
which libav provides. So bugs are not expected here.

> If you don't want to use the demuxer (it should have no overhead),
> then you probably have to copy the necessary heuristics to
> guess the framerate (as said, issues with H.264 timestamps
> definitely exist).

The problem with demuxer not in overhead, but some encoders produce streams
with wrong values in container.
So that's why we want to detect stream info from bitstream, which can't lie
:)