[Libav-user] Youtube m3u8 stream

Michael Rogers comwizz2 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 21:49:22 EET 2018

Hey guys,
I am trying to write a service that converts a m3u8 link from youtube.
I am loading the stream info then setting all but 1 video and 1 audio
stream to AVDISCARD_ALL.
Everything works fine except after several seconds of playing av_read_frame
blocks for 30 seconds to a couple minutes.
I'm not the best versed in ffmpeg so I'm not exactly sure what to do from
here.
Extracting one of these links into ffplay works fine it seems, but I don't
see what they may be doing differently? Im just hopeing you guys can point
me in the right direction of anything to try.