[Libav-user] Speeding up codec detection of raw bitstream

Wiebe Cazemier wiebe at halfgaar.net
Mon Feb 12 10:53:10 EET 2018

----- Original Message -----

I was able to register only AC3 by creating an AVCodec with 'AVCodec* avcodec_find_decoder (enum AVCodecID id)' and using avcodec_register, but it didn't help much.

I did find out the AVFormat instantly recognize it as s/pdif, so apparently those frames are intact. As far as I can tell the meta data doesn't contain which codec it contains, but I need to look into that a little deeper. If it had, ffmpeg would have recognized it, I would say.

But there must be a better way, because home cinema receivers can do it instantly too.