[Libav-user] Framerate throttling

Blane, Nathan Nathan.Blane at scientificgames.com
Wed Jan 3 18:23:01 EET 2018

Hello,

I'm trying to decode and play an h264 video that plays at 24fps. When I just decode and play the video myself, it just gets through the video as fast as possible, which makes sense, but when I try and throttle the frame rate myself, it only occasionally decodes and plays the frame. I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong. I've looked for examples on the web and I can't seem to find any that are doing what I'm trying to do.

I also am curious if I understand how to use the send_packet/receive_frame calls correctly. When I don't throttle, but use decode_video2 (deprecated), I get the behavior described above. When I use the send_packet/receive_frame interface, I don't get the same behavior. I'm just wondering if I'm missing something that is more subtle about the interface

Thanks!