[Libav-user] Problem in setting stream side data

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 13:28:52 EET 2018

>> > Attached,  is the output of valgrind. Does it make sense?
>>
>> No you have to use a binary with debug symbols.
>>
>> It may not be necessary to send the output here, I just wanted
>> to explain that for the kind of error you showed (double free),
>> a debugger usually cannot help, valgrind (often) does.

> Sometimes is better to use gcc fsanitize family.

If you are searching for undefined behaviour: Yes.

For real errors as in this case, recompiling and hoping that the
output is helpful seems much more difficult than running a
simulator that is known to cover exactly these cases.

> -fsanitize=address

This is not helpful, see "./configure --help" for instructions
invoking the various sanitizers for FFmpeg.

Carl Eugen