[Libav-user] question about license

Andreas Farella a.farella at divus.biz
Wed Jan 31 17:22:38 EET 2018

To whom it may concerns,

We are a small company which develops devices and software for building automation and we are interested in using your library inside a closed-source Android and iOS application.
However, it is not possible for us to integrate the library as is and remain compatible with the LGPL license:

-        Due to technological limitations of Android and iOS we are not able to allow the user to replace the library by himself.

-        It is not possible for us to publish our app as open-source instead of closed-source.

Thus, we would like to ask if there are other possibilities for us to be able to use your library, e.g. if a commercial version of the library is available.
Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Andreas Farella
Responsible for Android Development
a.farella at divus.eu<mailto:a.farella at divus.eu>

        [cid:image001.png at 01D39AAF.B97D5770]

DIVUS Headquarters Pillhof 51 . I-39057 Eppan (Südtirol) . Tel. +39 0471 633 662 . Fax. +39 0471 631 829
www.divus.eu<http://www.divus.eu/> . Privacy: http://www.divus.eu/media/DivusPrivacy.pdf