[Libav-user] FFmpeg vp8 decoding: cross compile on Windows for ARM target

ed emcmurray at aevee.com
Fri Jul 27 01:40:57 EEST 2018

hello,

We are developing a product to do VP8/VP9 decoding, on an NXP RT1050
(low power ARM Cortex M7 microcontroller).  No OS, the project will be
bare metal.   I would like to use the VP8 decoder in FFmpeg libavcodec.
I would like to build the complete FFmpeg library package, using NXP's
MCUXpresso eclipse based IDE, running on Windows 8.
I think it should be pretty straight forward, once I get some clarity on
the
details of starting this effort. This is what I believe needs to be done.
  1: Download FFmpeg source and decompress.
2: Run configure script with correct flags, to setup config file(s)
     correctly for project requirements.
3: Import full ffmpeg library and support package into the eclipse
     workspace, from within IDE.
4: Build library and support source code.
5: Create a 2nd workspace program to access libavcodec V8 decoder
     lib functions that were just created, (must setup path to libs
     created above, so that this program can access necessary decode
     functions).
1: Is this the right approach given what I am trying to do?
2 If this does seem right, any tips on the correct flags to apply
   when running the configure script (given my Windows/ARM cross
   compiling requirements)?

Thanks,
Ed