[Libav-user] Fwd: Re: FFmpeg vp8 decoding: cross compile on Windows for ARM target

ed mcmurray emcmurray at aevee.com
Sun Jul 29 17:20:45 EEST 2018

I have tried the Window pathname suggestions, with no real success. I've
decided to eliminate this as a variable, so I have switched to try to
build FFmpeg libs under Linux(Ubuntu 17.10).  This is the exact process
that I have followed so far:
*
*1: I have downloaded and decompressed ffmpeg v4.0.2 into ffmpeg source
root directory.
2: I have downloaded and installed Pre-buil2 GNU toolchain forArm
Cortex-M for Linux (gcc-arm-none-eabi-7-2018-q2 update-linux)
     from Arm website:
https://developer.arm.com/open-source/gnu-toolchain/gnu-rm
3: from cli, I set working directory to ffmpeg source root directory.  (
I created a simple helloworld.c program in working directory, to test
compiler)
4: from cli,  I verified arm compiler did successfully create expected
object file for helloworld.c test.
5: from cli, I ran cofigure shell script:
$ ./configure --enable-cross-compile
--cc=/home/ed/Project/armCrossCompile gcc-arm-none-eabi-eabi-gcc
--target-os=none arch=arm
6: This is the returned error message:
/home/ed/Project/armCrossCompile/gcc-arm-none-eabi-7-2018-q2-update/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc
is unable to create an executable file. C compiler test failed.

I have attached zipped log file to show any possible clues.  I won't be
able to do too much more today.  I will start Monday morning trying to
understand what the log file is showing and what I might be missing.
Again, any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ed