[Libav-user] av_hwframe_transfer_data does not succeed from NV12 to YUV420P - How to get YUV420P from cuvid?

Sergio Basurco sergio.b at coherentsynchro.com
Tue Jun 5 13:15:45 EEST 2018

I'm decoding h264 with ffmpeg. I want to use the hwaccel decoders. I'm
using the cuvid decoder via API. In the fftools code there's a function
"hwaccel_retrieve_data" that is supposed to convert the decoded frame
(NV12) into any other format, I'm trying YUV420P.

The conversion does not return any error, however the resulting data is
not correct. Here's the original NV12 frame:

https://imgur.com/a/jAb8h12

And here's the conversion to YUV420P (only avframe->data[0] and
avframe->data[1] have any data, data[2] is expected to have the V data
but it is missing).

https://imgur.com/a/ihQeJ0M

I think I'm on the right track, based on the code in hwcontext_cuda.c
aparently YUV420P is a supported format, I cannot get my head around how
I can tell the decoder to convert from NV12 to YUV420P though.

Any tips will be appreciated, I'll update if I find anything.

--

Saludos / Best regards,

*Sergio Basurco*
Coherent Synchro