[Libav-user] Link error of static libavcodec: libavcodec/eac3_core_bsf.c:39: undefined reference to `ff_ac3_parse_header'

nurupo nurupocontributions at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 06:19:02 EEST 2018

Hi,

I have built a static libavcodec and I'm trying to link it to an
application. I'm cross-compiling to Windows using mingw32-w64. When linking
the static libavcodec to my application I get the following errors:

/root/prefix/lib/libavcodec.a(eac3_core_bsf.o): In function
`eac3_core_filter':
/root/ffmpeg-4.0/libavcodec/eac3_core_bsf.c:39: undefined reference to
`ff_ac3_parse_header'
/root/ffmpeg-4.0/libavcodec/eac3_core_bsf.c:55: undefined reference to
`ff_ac3_parse_header'

It appears that the static libavcodec is missing symbols, ff_ac3_parse_header
specifically.

I have made a sample build script reproducing the issue which you can
find attached
to this email. I'm also attaching the output of running the build script.

I would be grateful if you could point out what I'm doing wrong when
building a static ffmpeg 4.0 and how to resolve this error.