[Libav-user] Removing encoder/decoder zero-padding at the beginning/end of mp3 files.

ALONSO JIMENEZ, PABLO pablo.alonso at upf.edu
Tue Mar 6 18:46:26 EET 2018

Hello,
I am using avcodec 57.89.100. It is known
<http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Gapless_playback> that most of
the mp3 encoders/decoders introduce padding at the beginning or/and end of
the files and I would like to get rid of it when loading mp3 files using
avlib. As I understand from this post
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6811269/how-do-i-extract-xing-lame-frames-using-ffmpeg>,
the padding size added in the encoding stage is contained in a dummy frame
at the beginning of the file. However, av_seek_frame() is not retrieving
these frames. Is there a way to obtain this information using the API
functions? Otherwise, is there a way to use a different decoder able to get
rid of these frames internally?

thank you,
Pablo
--