[Libav-user] minimalist ffmpeg build

Mert Gedik gedikmert89 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 11:54:23 EET 2018

Hello,

I am trying to build ffmpeg with only needed protocol and codecs, so I run
below configure command,

*$ ./configure --disable-everything --disable-ffmpeg
--enable-decoder=aac,h264*

Then, I am able to play the Big Buck Bunny rtsp stream as below, but there
is a strange issue,

*$ ./ffplay -rtsp_transport tcp
rtsp://wowzaec2demo.streamlock.net/vod/mp4:BigBuckBunny_115k.mov
<http://wowzaec2demo.streamlock.net/vod/mp4:BigBuckBunny_115k.mov>*

Although this is an TCP stream, there is too much distortion on the frames
and there are errors on the terminal as below,

Metadata:
    title           : BigBuckBunny_115k.mov
  Duration: 00:09:56.48, start: 0.000000, bitrate: N/A
    Stream #0:0: Audio: aac (LC), 12000 Hz, stereo, fltp
    Stream #0:1: Video: h264 (Constrained Baseline), yuv420p, 240x160, 24
tbr, 90k tbn, 48 tbc
'aresample' filter not present, cannot convert audio formats.
[h264 @ 0x7f955d8c8600] no frame!  0KB vq=   12KB sq=    0B f=0/0
[h264 @ 0x7f955d8de400] no frame!  0KB vq=   13KB sq=    0B f=0/0
[h264 @ 0x7f955d8f4200] out of range intra chroma pred mode f=0/0
[h264 @ 0x7f955d8f4200] error while decoding MB 9 6
[h264 @ 0x7f955d8f4200] concealing 100 DC, 100 AC, 100 MV errors in I frame
[h264 @ 0x7f955d84fa00] No start code is found.KB sq=    0B f=0/0
[h264 @ 0x7f955d84fa00] Error splitting the input into NAL units.
[h264 @ 0x7f955d841000] No start code is found.KB sq=    0B f=0/0
[h264 @ 0x7f955d841000] Error splitting the input into NAL units.
[h264 @ 0x7f955d858c00] No start code is found.KB sq=    0B f=0/0
[h264 @ 0x7f955d858c00] Error splitting the input into NAL units.
[h264 @ 0x7f955d8b2800] no frame!  0KB vq=   12KB sq=    0B f=0/0
[h264 @ 0x7f955d8c8600] no frame!  0KB vq=   13KB sq=    0B f=0/0
[h264 @ 0x7f955d8de400] out of range intra chroma pred mode f=0/0
[h264 @ 0x7f955d8de400] error while decoding MB 1 4
[h264 @ 0x7f955d8de400] concealing 138 DC, 138 AC, 138 MV errors in I frame

If I try to play same stream with ffplay with full configuration (I mean,
just ./configure, then make), then there is no errors and the
frames don't have any corruption or distortion.

I think, "--disable-everything" option disables the error concealment
algorithm as well but this is just my assumption.

Which configuration option should I need to enable to fix the distortion
issue ? Thanks for your help

Regards,

- MG