[Libav-user] How to use hwaccel H264 CUVID decoder from ffmpeg API?

Sergio Basurco sergio.b at coherentsynchro.com
Mon May 28 16:51:43 EEST 2018

I have a nice H264 decoder based on this one:

http://roxlu.com/2014/039/decoding-h264-and-yuv420p-playback

And I would like to use the h264 CUVID decoder instead, and receive the
frames as Nvidia objects. I know there is some kind of callback that
allows me to get some kind of CUptr that has the decoded I420 frame in
GPU memory.

I'd like to feed my OpenGL renderer the data directly, without
downloading it to RAM. I have some experience with Cuvid, I just don't
know how to get the Nvidia handle for the decoded frame, or how to setup
the CUVID decoder from the API.

Thanks!