[Libav-user] Find audio frames headers within bitstream

Vasiliy Volkov volk.vasiliy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 12:47:55 EET 2018

Hi, again,

we've encountered an issue with decoding audio streams. Sometimes audio
codec headers are not aligned to PES packets (we work with mpegts). So when
we try to decode such streams libav decoder fails, because he can't find
where to start decoding process. For such task libav has parsers, which
need to be used for correct decoding arbitrary bitstreams: first you find
position of header, next send to decoder. We've find that there are exists
private api for such task: libavcodec/mpegaudiodecheader.h but it's
private, and using it in our project is not very clean way, and all public
API's requires to use avio* methods which we don't like to use.

Is there any other of private API way to find audio frames headers
positions?