[Libav-user] Libav* Video to JPG

Strahinja Radman dr.strashni at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 09:05:38 EEST 2018

Maybe you should take a look at transcoding.c example. With it you will have a solid starting base which works. This will handle your input decoding and encoding.
For the encoding part i think that you need to open jpg encoder and jpg muxer. For the muxer you should be able to just specify filename_%3d.jpg and probably it will work without any additional options.
This should be a step in a right direction.
-------- Original message --------From: Ali Osman ŞAHAN <aliosman_sahan at hotmail.com> Date: 15/10/2018  17:12  (GMT+01:00) To: Libav-user-request at ffmpeg.org, libav-user at ffmpeg.org Subject: [Libav-user] Libav* Video to JPG

Dear experts,

I need to decode (and export as jpg) H.264 and MPEG-2 I-pictures from within the source code of an application I'm writing in C. I linked against libavcodec in the hope that avcodec_decode_video() could do it but it seems that it only works for .mpg and not for raw elementary streams. I basically used the code from libavcodec's old apiexample.c (no AVPacket).

Using ffmpeg on the 2 samples provided, I can easily decode them:
ffmpeg -f h264 -i sample.264 -s 600x400 sample_%d.jpg
ffmpeg -f mpegvideo -i sample.mpeg2 -s 600x400 sample_%d.jpg

Can you please point out the function that I should use to achieve this using libavcodec?

Also same question in http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/libav-user/2011-April/000053.html.But links missed.Can you help me?