[Libav-user] Frame-level metadata

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 17:44:03 EEST 2019

<dzhoshkun.shakir at gmail.com>:

> Thank you for your reply. I wasn't sure of that, but the way you've
> phrased it suggests this is not supported by the HEVC standard.

(I didn't say that, I suspect you can define things without
violating the standard, but they will not be supported by
vanilla FFmpeg.)

> Does it make more sense to look for such a feature at the
> container level?

Note sure which container supports frame-level metadata (nut?).

> I'd be grateful if you could provide some starting points. I've
> been searching for this in standards, but as the terminology
> differs, it's hard to figure out whether it's supported.

> In particular, do you have any recommendation about any
> encoder and/or container that support(s) this?

Sorry, I don't know.

> Also, in the AV domain terminology, what would such a
> feature be typically called?

Frame-level metadata exists, it's usually not free-format though.

Please avoid top-posting here, Carl Eugen