[Libav-user] Flushing codec without delay capabilities

yeongjin jeong gingerbk247 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 13:08:07 EEST 2019

Hi,
I implemented simple module to decode video frame. It uses libavcodec's
native vp9 decoder, which does not seem to be flushing all frames
completely.

According to the documentation, the codec does not require flushing if the
AV_CODEC_CAP_DELAY flag is not set, and the capabilities of the vp9 decoder
are also not set AV_CODEC_CAP_DELAY flag. So I did not send a NULL packet
to the decoder because I thought It is not need flushing.

Should I always send a NULL packet and flushing even if there is no
AV_CODEC_CAP_DELAY flag?

Thanks.